RIO’S FATHOM LINES are a series of sinking lines designed specifically for the lake angler. Each line has a short, quick-loading head for minimizing the number of false casts, and for quick, easy distance, and a color contrast between the head and the running line to easily show the line’s loading point. In addition, each line is built with a Hang Marker that shows anglers when to stop stripping, and when to fish the “hang”, and features RIO’s “Density Compensation” (except type 7) for complete fly control.
- DUALTONE-Marks the sweet spot of a fly line by providing an obvious color change in the line at the sweet spot.
- EASYID-RIO’s printed line marking system that allows anglers to quickly and easily identify each line.
- FRONT WELDED LOOP-A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the front of the fly line for fast Spey-specific rigging.
- BACK WELDED LOOP-A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the end of the fly line for fast rigging to backing.
- DENSITY COMPENSATION-Adds a denser material to the thin tip of a sinking line (or sink tip), which ensures the line sinks straight.
- HANG MARKER-A visible, 1” section built into the fly line that show anglers when the end of the sinking line is getting close.