You need this one...
In keeping with the season, I'm going with another Caddis pattern this week. You can never have too many Caddis patterns in your fly box during the dog days of summer.
Another spectacular pattern from Devin Olsen of Team USA, this is a great high floating Caddis that is easy to see in choppy water. The Bob Quigley hackle stacker style of hackle is great for keeping the fly from tipping over and laying flat on the surface of the water like a natural. The pink para post stands out in the whitewater foam and the Orange tail is a great strike trigger.
- Hook: Fulling Mill FM5050 dry fly hook sz 12-18
- Thread: UNI 8/0 Olive Dun, or gray
- Tag: Glo brite floss #7 FL Orange but any of the orange shades are good.
- Ribbing: Small Pearl Mylar counter ribbed with 5x tippet
- Dubbing: Callibaetis Superfine or UV Purple Ice Dub
- Wing: Pink Para Post over Natural Elk hair
- Parachute post: loop 5x tippet
- Hackle: Grizzly Whiting Saddle feather sized to the hook. Tied in hackle stacker style