White Elephant Gift Exchange
Here are the rules...
1. Each player brings one wrapped gift to contribute to a common pool
While there are no limits or themes, please remember this is a family event! Fly Fishing stuff, nic-nacks, and cool doohickies are perfect. Remember, it's the thought that counts!
2. Players draw numbers to determine what order they will go in
3. The first player selects a gift from the pool and opens it
4. The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool or steal a previous player’s gift. Anyone who gets their gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
- A present can only be stolen once per turn, which means players who have a gift stolen from them have to wait to get it back.
- After three swaps, the turn automatically comes to an end.
- After four steals, the gift is out of play and cannot be stolen. It remains with whoever claimed it, and that player is out.
5. After all players have had a turn, the first player gets a chance to swap the gift he or she is holding for any other opened gift, providing it is still in play.