Santa Claus is Coming!
Join us on December 16th for our Royal Treatment Christmas Party and White Elephant Gift Exchange. We'll have holiday treats, hot spice cider, and of course, Santa Claus! That's right, the Big Guy is taking a break from his holiday schedule to stop by the shop from 10:30 to 1:00 to share a little Christmas cheer. Bring the kids for photos and last-minute gift requests.
Speaking of gifts, bring a wrapped gift and take part in our annual White Elephant Gift Exchange! We'll start the fun a 1:00 PM, so mark your calendar and join us!
Here are the rules...
1. Each player brings one wrapped gift to contribute to a common pool
While there are no limits or themes, please remember this is a family event! Fly Fishing stuff, nic-nacks, and cool doohickies are perfect. Remember, it's the thought that counts!
2. Players draw numbers to determine what order they will go in
3. The first player selects a gift from the pool and opens it
4. The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool or steal a previous player’s gift. Anyone who gets their gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
- A present can only be stolen once per turn, which means players who have a gift stolen from them have to wait to get it back.
- After three swaps, the turn automatically comes to an end.
- After four steals, the gift is out of play and cannot be stolen. It remains with whoever claimed it, and that player is out.
5. After all players have had a turn, the first player gets a chance to swap the gift he or she is holding for any other opened gift, providing it is still in play.
This has become an annual tradition here and Royal Treatment, and is a lot of fun. Come join us!