Trailer Trash Awards
This contest is held, overseen, judged and owned by Royal Treatment Fly Fishing. All entries will abide by all rules set forth in the 2013/2014 Trailer Trash Thursday 13 Rules of the Road as posted below. As stated in these rules, film makers are responsible for all content of their film and retain all marketing rights.
Awards will be given for...
Best Story Line
Royal Treatment Fly Fishing, the crew from F3T and our friends at Costa will host a Premiere Party on February 7th, 2015, at which time all entries chosen for final consideration by our panel of judges will be shown and prizes awarded.
Prizes will be awarded in each category to officially entered films. In addition, an overall Best Picture Award will be awarded. Qualifying winners in each category will receive a pair of Costa sunglasses, and bag’o swag . Best picture award gets a pair of the new improved G3 Waders from Simms Fishing Products. The first 30 film makers to officially enter films will receive two tickets to the 2014-2015 Fly Fishing Film Tour.
Our panel of judges will be made up of fly fishing industry professionals. The decision of the judges will be final and not open for debate.
Trailer Trash Thursday
13 Rules of the Road
- All film trailers must have a fly fishing theme and be at least 1 minute in length. There is a TV time limit of 4 minutes and 27 seconds for each entry, this will include credits and/or title page which combined can be no longer than 27 seconds...commercial sponsorship credits should be no longer than 5 seconds in total.
- All Trailers must be PC and PG, after all this is a family fly shop. Any profanity or suggestive content in script, sound track or visuals is prohibited. If you would screen it in 4th grade, we’re good.
- NO DEAD FISH. All fish shown on screen should be treated with care and respect, unless entry is a cooking film.
- No top secret or pirated materials may be used. Please credit any materials that should be credited.
- No frontal nudity, no backtal nudity, no naked people at all.
- No copyrighted, top secret naked pirates either.
- Bears, fish, deer, elk, squirrels, opossums and other critters may appear in the nude if it adds to the overall storyline.
- It is suggested, but not required, that film makers have a release signed by all actors that can be identified on screen. The above mentioned actors in rule 7 do not need to sign a release unless appearing in clothing not of their choosing.
- Film makers are responsible for all content of their film and will grant Royal Treatment Fly Fishing the right to use said film for promotional purposes in newsletters, social media sites, on-line and live viewing and other uses consistent with the heart and spirit of this contest for a period of two years. Film makers will retain all marketing rights to their films.
- Films must be posted on Vimeo. This is a free video hosting service and offers some editing and soundtrack tools.
- Each entrant may enter two films in the contest, but they must have different story lines and film footage.
- Deadline for entry is 12:00 midnight, on Ground Hogs Day, February 2nd, 2015. Films that are nominated but not officially entered will be eligible for Trashy Awards. Nominated films will appear in our weekly newsletter, but are not eligible for prizes unless officially entered by the deadline.
- Royal Treatment Fly Fishing reserves the right to amend these rules to maintain the heart and spirit of this contest. Anyone that is unable to abide by these rules will be disqualified. Films that do not meet the rules listed above will not be entered.